The Molecular You Confidence Score is a graphical representation of the strength of scientific information between a biomarker and a health condition/disease. The confidence score is scored out of 4, with 1 being the lowest level of confidence while 4 is the greatest level of confidence.
The confidence score is a proprietary system developed by Molecular You that incorporates and evaluates several factors:
- how much reproducible and peer reviewed scientific research produced in the last few decades has shown an association between a given biomarker and disease;
- validation by Molecular You scientific experts on the accuracy and legitimacy of the supporting scientific evidence
Think of the confidence score as the bridge that connects biomarkers to diseases. When there is a significant amount of valid scientific evidence connecting a specific biomarker to a specific disease, the bridge is strongly supported, and we can be more confident that the biomarker is associated with a particular health risk.
Confidence scores may be strong because:
- There are many research studies that support the link between a biomarker and a disease
- Molecular You strongly trusts the validity of the research
Confidence scores may be weak because:
- There are only a few valid research studies that support the link between a biomarker and a disease
- Molecular You does not strongly trust the validity of the research